Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happycheen!

Don't be sad that it ended, be happy that it happened.
Don't be sad that it happened, be happy that it ended.

Works both ways under different contexts, lawl.

My report on night 1 of sleeplessness. That's the night of Feb 12/morning of Feb 13.

11.10pm: I look at the clock and think 'you are so not prepared..'
11.59pm: first yawn.
12.23am: drowsy, fidgeting eyes.
12.41am: very heavy eyelidding. So soon? Probably because of judo earlier. Ohboy.
12.59am: k not as drowsy any more.
1.40am: I realise I have about 22 hours before I sleep. I should designate them into work.
2.05am: Tip: do not search for sleep-related articles on Wikipedia.
3.02am: were those dark spots under my eyes there before?
3.04am: time for 5 almonds.
3.45am: time to shut down the compy and read bookz.
4.10am: concentrating on the story proves to be highly unsuccessful due to drowsiness. I go for a walk.
5.30am: back. shower. turn on lights and read in the living room.
somewhereinbetween: seriously going off tangent mentally when reading book. Ocassional 'snap out of it!' moments when I realise my eyes are closed.
9.30am: woah, I look terrible.
[day continues as per normal]
noonish: Thoughts of "I realise I am going to sleep tonight. YYYYEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!"

Thassall. Post-mortem reflection: It felt terrible. It became very difficult to do work on the second half of the 48-hour day. Though I did feel back to full capacity around 2pm. Probably the best I felt was during the walk from St Theresa's and back. There was no reluctance to abuptly stop walking and look around. No rush or pressure at all. Felt serene. Felt nice.

Oh well, the second one's tonight. See what happens.

CNY celebrations today. Went to the Concorde for lion dance, followed by a heavy lunch at Marché. First time there, nice place. Great food. I regret not having my own shredded-potato-thing (called a rösti, I think it was).
Off to family dinner part 2 later today.
Almost done with Heinlein's Stranger. I'm finally at the end!

The End.

-Zan

No comments:

Post a Comment