Sunday, January 06, 2013

Week 1 Review

Yo wsap

-Paleo: Going well so far, only broken today, when I had the spinach wrap at Starbucks. Should phase out cheat-day in a couple of weeks.

-Airborne: Not much to romanticise during training. I think I should revise the resolution to "Romanticise the air-borne experience as much as possible."

-Exercise: Gymming on the weekends is fine, but not enough running. Not as free and easy in camp now.

-IF is goin' good.

-Haven't drafted a letter for CDA yet. Will start by reading the last letter from them..

-Got my documents photocopied and stamped at Nanyang, haven't scanned them into one doc yet. Chop chop.


I tried making a sweet potato casserole yesterday, based on some tweaking of the recipe vic left lying around. It turned out good! I'd say I needed to roast the sweet Ps for longer before grating them into the dish. Just to get the flavour out. I'm thinking I'll just roast, peel and mash the next time. As for the topping, I learned afterward that some really hardcore whipping is required for the meringue top. I didn't have enough patience then, but the topping ended up nice and crunchy anyway, with the egg whites and walnuts.

That's all fo now.
Relatively early book-in. On a SUNDAY. Maannn.... I need to make the pain of trainee deal feel lower than the joy of man-mode. Let it come soon.


-Zan

No comments:

Post a Comment