Thursday, May 07, 2009

Balan S. Itall


No rules for a day. What'd you do?

Back in primary school (can't remember if it was upper or lower), I remember sometimes fantasizing about my future, older, 16-20-ish self coming back to his past and sharing with me all his awesome tips, tricks, secrets and wisdom that he got from already living through what I was in. Just seeing this person would make me feel happy, knowing that he was doing well and he was me.

My point is: I had an image of what I expected my future self to be. Wanted him to be, rather. He was smart, charming, and all that crapola. The question I thought of earlier on the morning walk to the mrt was... are you that guy? What would your little 7-12 year-old self think of you now? Would he look forward to being you? Would he prefer to change you?

Well, I doubt my future, older, 25-35-ish self would say much if he'd return to meet me, so's not to mess up the time continuum or anything. But I can dream, can't I? I can. I do have an expectation for the futuremenow to bear though, whatever he may turn out to be like.
To my future self:

Be happy, okay?

-Zan

No comments:

Post a Comment