Friday, February 06, 2009

Consider a Baby With No Functioning Senses.

Touch,
Taste,
Sight,
Hearing,
Smell.

(I think the popular five are good enough, thank you. No need for proprioception and others.)

Anyway,
today as I was walking to Harbourfront mrt, I was thinking of the different names of the brain's lobes. The three that I had remembered. (I didn't memorize the name of the hind lobe. Yet.)
And I had the frontal and temporal down.
But there was that other one. The one at the crown of the head? That one!

I forgot its name.
Tried very hard to recall it in my mrt trip.

But the answer never came until I got out of Serangoon mrt, and was walking to schoooool.
The song "Temperature" by Some Person was in my head. I wondered suddenly if this distractedness would have 'freed up' my memory a bit, and took another shot at recalling that darn lobe.

Parietal!
PARIETAL OH YAR HOORRRRR
PARIETALPARIETALPARIETAL

Maha, it worked.
Then I was happied. Yay

(Fourth is occipital, fyi)


[PS: a pimple is doing its best to fight its way through the skin-covered cartilage of my left outer nostril.]
[Oh, it's red alright..]




-Zan

No comments:

Post a Comment