Saturday, July 25, 2009

Epic Naps

Known also as early, unprepared Sleeps.

The following is another Thing-I've-Always-Wanted-To-Post. I sort've forgot this one a few times along the way. Until a week or so earlier. I guess it wasn't as great as I initially thought it was, back when I thought it?
Probably because it relies on ageist stereotypes. And doesn't apply to all situations.
Dang.

Anyway.











Observe the above image.
The arrows represent the type of thinking held
by each of the ages represented by the photographs.

THE CHILD:
Arrow points forward. Immersed in curiosity, the child seeks to discover more of the world he inhabits. The future is a fun thought to think of. "When I grow up, I'll be...!" and so on.

THE ADULT:
Arrow points downward. Immersed in the present, the adult is busy and occupied with the many matters at hand. One must think of what to do next, what to do Now. "Just a sec, I've got to do this"

THE ELDER:
Arrow points back. The angel of Reminisce drops by countless times, as the elder recalls the sinewave that was his/her life before the final years fall into place. The great changes of the present can't help but remind the elder of what they were changes of - the past. "Back in my day, you'd never see that happening. I tell you.."

Und das ist alle.
Don't really like it that much, and that's probably why it took so long from conception to publishing. I mean... the child should have two arrows, one down and one forward. The adult would have an arrow down and a thin arrow forward. Some adults are all down, some are all forward, some are all backward. Some 'Elder's would have an additional arrow down and forward. And so on. And so on.

And now... to do it for the love.
Phyllis should take it well. Martha's already there. Connie needs analysis and Miss B has too much to be productive.


-Zan

No comments:

Post a Comment