Saturday, January 28, 2006

Leave 'er alone!

Just came back from Chinese New Year's eve party. Involved the usual eating and watching TV ritual we usually have. Wasn't so long, because my cousins were celebrating at their dad's family's place.

Anyways, my newest cousin, little baby [NAME] was there. And boy did it annoy me to see my little sister try to make it smile. By poking her in the face, taking off her mits.. and lifting her hand, whizzing it towards the baby's face, and stopping, as if threatening to whack her. Wow. That's really gonna make her smile, Claire. Yeah.

And I think the baby's most pitiful moment was when she was being held her dad and everyone-EVERYONE- whipped out the handphone-cameras and starting sticking them in the baby's face - all at once. And my little sister joined in too, grabbing a camera and blaring out "LOOK HERE LOOK HERE, SMILE SMILE"
The baby was wiggling around with a pained expression, and cried.
"Oh, it's probably because she just ate."
IT'S THE PHONES AND CAMERAS, GENIUS.
And so the baby got smothered with flashes of light while those without cameras just sat and watched while smiling, like this was perfectly normal. Jeez.

A while after that the baby needed a diaper change, and her parents went into a room to do the deed. My mom and little sis, still engrossed with the baby, went to the room too. The baby saw them and bawled it's eyes out. I think I saw Claire still holding a camera. give the baby a break, you guys.

When I have a kid, I'll never let that happen. Being smothered by faces while being changed. Getting smothered by faces while trying to rest. Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment