Sunday, January 28, 2007

Drop 20.

Why Unchained Melody moves me so, I don't know.

It mostly lies in these two:
Wikipedia's description of the 'story' in the song:
"The lyrics, which describe a prisoner's anguished longing for his wife,"

And this portion of the lyrics:
"And time goes by
so slowly,
and time can do so much
are you
still mine"

They just make me feel all sad inside, not knowing if your wife has fallen in love with another man, while you remain trapped inside prison, unable to do anything, going mad not knowing what's going on out there.

And before I got the song, I only heard an instrumental version of it by Mantovani.. and just that little excerpt made me all sighy too. (This was about three months ago.)

And my friend just booked out of NS. He's booking back in today. I think he already has.
This kind've made me think of how maddening it would be, to be in NS for 2 years, almost confined from the outside world and unable to know what's going on out there, and missing the education that the damn girls are getting.
They say females can join NS too.
To any female reader reading this now: Would you join National Service? You do have the choice. Would you?


My friend says they can't blog about NS. Aw. I guess it's to prevent foreign nations from being 'prepared' for what Singapore's army has for attack (or defence).

I told him I was planning to live in extremely lousy conditions: eating simple food, sleeping in smaller periods, training a whole lot more and such two weeks prior to enlisting.
He said the following:

"NO"
"enjoy ureself as much as possible!"
"ENJOY!"

Heh.
It must be pretty bad there.
Well, I've still got a long way to go before then. I'll consider this post a reminder, then.

"And time... can do sooo muccchh... ... are you... ... still.. MIIINE"
: (

-Zan

No comments:

Post a Comment