Sunday, February 11, 2007

Happy Points.

This morning I pondered about something I shall call 'Happy points'.

Happy points are a unit of your happiness. For example, watching TV and eating would usually have a HP (Happy Point) level of 60, due to its unstressful nature and lack of effort required in doing it. Whereas something such as working on a school project on 'The history and principles of our education system'... or something like that... would be worth 8HP, if not less.

The Happy Points administered are based on how people I KNOW would feel. Meaning they are based on how an 'average person' is supposed to feel.
Meaning not everybody has the same HappyPoint system.
Thus if you are a unique and different individual, sod off. These won't apply to you.

Anyways.
My question is
What is the ideal way to use your Happy Points?

Would it be to save them up and then reap the benefits later?
i.e:


















Or would it be better to remain with a constant level of Happy Points throughout your life, without any lowering (or 'saving') them at all?
i.e:


















What got me thinking about this is the O levels. They led to this question:
Would it be better to work reeallly hard at the start of your life, so that you'll be successfull and work a lot less later on, or would it be better to work at the same rate throughout your life, having an equal balance of work and leisure throughout.
I guess that's what determines the graph lines up there.

Graph one:
WORK+
LEISURE-
after time:
WORK-
LEISURE+

Graph two:
WORK neutral
LEISURE neutral

Heh.
So the question you should ask yourselves today, young readers (I wonder if I have real 'readers' anyway. I need a tagboard, just to see who reads this thing, I guess.) is:
How should I use my Happy Points?


-Zan

No comments:

Post a Comment