Monday, February 19, 2007

The Nails on My Leg

Another thing people do wrongly that makes me frustrated:

They confuse their feet with their legs.
I've constantly heard people refer to their feet as their legs, and don't really see the difference when I point out this error to them.
Hopefully somebody sees this:
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/8673/legfootey4.png

While I'm at it, here's another:
THE WORD 'FILM' IS PRONOUNCED 'FFFF-ILL-MMM.'
IT IS NOT PRONOUNCED 'FFF-LUH-MMM'.

I swear, every time I hear someone pronounce it as 'flum', I get this horrible cringe in my head. It just makes me mentally go 'arrg!'. It's so very annoying.
Maybe it's because they pronounce the 'L' in the word by itself. Assuming that they pronounce 'L' as 'Luh' and not 'El'.

F-I-Luh-M.
Ffffff.....iiiiii......luh...mmmm..
fillum.
flum.


Maybe.

Nothing more to type about for now, except that I find myself becoming more concerned about working on the retreat than I usually am concerned with any project. It's a good thing, but it just seems... odd, for me. I'm usually the one who doesn't work that much.
Your body isn't the only thing growing, Zan.

Heh, I still hear rockets outside. at least I think they're rockets. Making that "pphhhwwweeeEEEEEeeu" sound and all.


The Prestige is AWESOME. Bowie plays a great Tesla, and the plot is great. A little grim, perhaps, but great. Like I told Joshua, the scene where Borden snaps the fingers of an innocent woman just to get back at Angier is the part that really set the movie for me. Makes it so much more serious.

And about snapped fingers:
The concept of having fingers you could never use again is actually very sad. Think about the many things we do with our fingers. The first time I thought about this was when I read a moral-bearing story where a father smashed all his son's fingers just because he was angry. The son asked his father "When are my fingers growing to grow back?", and the father killed himself.
Is that sad or what.

And my mind is already looking for something else to type about. Relax, fingers.
Reeeelaaaaaaaaaaaxxxxxxx.

I 'liked' her again today. Funny how one moment my mind thinks of her and melts like butter. On a frying pan. Above the sun.
And yet thinks about her the next moment and feels nothing about it.

Oh how you puzzle me, FakeLove.

Here's another "And Also":

And also, I've noticed how my past few blog posts are more muddled as per usual.
I need something to blame.
Rawr.

-Zan

No comments:

Post a Comment