Sunday, February 11, 2007

O

After observing reactions of my seniors and my friends who have received their O level results, I have made the following instructions on how one should react:

IF YOU DO NOT LIKE YOUR SCORE:
-Only tell your score when asked
-Stay away from friends you know are smart. They probably got a really high one. This will create unnecessary hatred.
-You have the right to hate your friend a little - no, wait, a lot -if their score is higher than yours, ONLY if e tells you without you asking, and especially after e heard your score.
-Always state your L1R4 score with your R5 score, so you at least have a lower mark to state.
-Please don't feel too bad about it.
-Please.
-Turn off your phone. If you don't, you will have millions of people call you with the following words prepared: "SO WHAT YOU GET". And it really sucks when you have to repeat a number that you don't like over and over.

Note:
I have decided that how a student should think for the O levels is to aim for the absolute best and expect the absolute worst afterwards.
anyways, moving on:

IF YOUR SCORE IS REALLY, REALLY GOOD, AND YOU LIKE IT TOO:
-Do not tell anyone your score unless you are asked. Be humble.
-When telling someone your score, do not go into it (eg. 'I really expected myself to get a C for those subjects, surprised that I got an A!'). This will make your friends hate you, unless their scores are higher than yours. Or they are really good friends.
-Avoid bragging to people you know are smart. They might get back at you if their scores are better.
-Do not call or sms or message your friends for their results unless you know they would get good marks beforehand. Otherwise it would be a real downer if their marks were really far from what they expected.
-If you are speaking with your friend on the phone and e has bad grades, do NOT make a long pause and continue with "Aaaanyway, I got really good! In fact, I got blablabla", cause that's really mean.

Well, I guess it's applying time for them folks.
My unexperienced advice to those taking their Os this year:

-Aim for the best (a six!), expect like... a 40. This way your personal standards will affect the way you work during studying, and you won't be all cut up if you get a mark that's really bad, because it's still below 40.

-Really study. Really.

-Bring tissues for results day. Crying will occur, whether marks will be bad or not.

-Look everywhere for O level papers from the past. Ask your teachers!

-It is worth sacrificing your time to study for your O levels (I reckon.). This is purely because if you get a high score, the higher powers will be more biased towards you, even if the skills required to pass the Os will be forgotten by you in, like, 2 weeks. So take the time to study. STUDY.

-STUDY.

Which reminds me of a thought I had earlier this morning, which I shall type about in my next post. Till then!

-Zan

1 comment:

  1. I have Firefox.
    It kinda screwed up on me recently.
    Thus I have to resort to using Flock.

    ReplyDelete